Designed by John Bennett & Sakura Adachi
The office system FUSION is a “low-tech” product solution designed for the workplace. It is addressing the market and in particular the “smart office” which requires an integrated behavioural approach to the office space based around new lifestyle and work-style trends. FUSION is what makes architecture functional as well as what helps people do various activities they have to do in the office.
The furniture develops in height and length by connecting different leg configurations according to client’s necessities:
– Single desks as well as multiple configurations are available with or without sliding tops. The desk tops open above a central cables tray to make easy and user-friendly access to plug bars and data connections.
– On top of the desk height 73cm, the second and third levels (110 and 150 cm) are introduced to be able to add various functions.
– Screens can be added to the second level and shelves can be added to the second and third levels. The screens come with elastic bands that hold business cards and documents and/or pockets to keep magazines and newspapers. Under the rectangular shelves, hidden hooks can be added to hang personal belongings and small accessories. The round shelf fixed to the 40 x 40 mm structures functions as an integrated coat stand thanks to the hooks under the round shelf.
– “Charger boxes” fitted with plug bars; serve as a desktop height accessory for smartphones and tablets when batteries are low. Charger
boxes have a space at the top dedicated for stationaries such as pens, clips and staplers, or small plants for people who like to personalise their space.
– Stand-up “touch-down” semi-circular tops are available at 110 cm height which can be used for a work place or for “chatting”.
– Below the desktop height “storage boxes” are available for personal belongings such as work bags and computer bags. Hooks provided externally for other personal objects.
– The FUSION system includes a range of sofas which can be integrated into the layout for dedicated lounge and informal meeting areas in and around the desks. Low tables can be combined with the sofas and the charger boxes can also be placed on the tables for phone charging or laptops connection.
– The structure goes up to 220 cm in height. A fabric roof creates a more intimate “hub” working situation. It also gives you a relaxed and home-like environment, with a feeling of working at a terrace outdoor.